DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.Fast, Sustainable Development, ForeverWe pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to mobile & web development that applies across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. We set up regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.Change The Way Software is DeliveredWe do development differently. Test Driven Development produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. We believe that methodical, steady, relentless forward momentum drives consistent results, and web and mobile are not excluded from this process.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
Location: Digital Experience Center, 87 Kilby Street, Boston, MA
Scheduled Weekly Hours40