DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Azure)
Assignment: ITSE - Mobile and Digital
Location: Louisville, KY or WAH within the US
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
As a Technology applications consultant you will: develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data warehouse feeds and printing.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technology degree
- 2-3 years of experience in the areas of software development life cycle and development in .net
- General experience with Azure
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, agile methodology, OO principles and design patterns
- Strong experience working on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience on PowerShell or other scripting knowledge
- Experience on CI/CD and DevOps engineering practices
- Experience on TFS/VSTS
- Experience collaborating and sharing technical information with others
5 years with Azure (highly desired)
Sitecore content management experience
Back-end databases including SQL Server
Unit testing and mocking
- You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40