DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
As a Workday Engineer, you will develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into Workday design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex Workday systems that will optimize business outcomes. You will:
• Provide Workday development and ongoing support and issue resolution.
• Partner with business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff.
• Work within a development team to develop enhancements, resolve issues, and coordinate testing of regular production efforts including data extracts, data transformation, data feeds, and reporting.
• Partner with other team members in implementation of improvements of Workday systems and processes.
• Collaborate with other teams to investigate Workday systemic administrative, operational, and business support issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; 10+ years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
• 2+ years design, development, and testing of software applications.
• 2+ years’ experience in Enterprise Resource Planning Human Resource, Payroll or Financial software.
• 1+ years’ Workday technical skills (Web Services API, Core Connector, EIB, Studio, Calculated fields).
• 1+ years’ experience developing Workday Integrations with internal and external consumers.
• Knowledge of the Workday data model, security, integrations, reporting, and data load procedures.
• Experience in the healthcare industry.
• Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, and Taleo SaaS and On-Premise ERP systems.
• Experience working with third-party service vendors.
• Workday implementation experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40