DescriptionThe Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer for Provider Intelligence & Claims Analytics (PICA) will plan, analyze, design, develop, test, and implement information systems of high complexity within framework of the PICA systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.
- Design, program, test, implement and support information systems within the framework of the PICA systems
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred – Python, .Net, Qlik, SSRS, Tableau, SnapLogic, SSIS, and vendor supplied software.
- Accountable for understanding the business needs of the organization and translating those needs into technological systems designs specifications and solutions.
- Contribute significantly to systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for tasks associated with the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems.
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, correct problems, make minor modifications, and coordinate testing of releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, customizations and monitoring.
- 80% - Development, including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing and escalation.
- 20% - Tool research and development, including keeping up-to-date with industry trends, tools and best practices.
Additional Job Description
- Four years of progressive information technology experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team development setting
- Ability to perform analysis and design, requirements gathering, documentation, programming, testing, system installation and/or conversion.
- Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred – including .Net, BI Tools like Qlik/Tableau, Python, ETL tools like SnapLogic, SSIS, and vendor supplied software.
- Two years of current experience using Visual Studio, TFS, .NET framework, MVC
- BI Tools experience using Qlik, Tableau and SSRS
- Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- Performance testing, profiling and tuning
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years Healthcare Experience
- Experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server databases, Amazon/Azure Cloud-based services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40