DescriptionThe Senior Solutions Architect works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals. The Senior Solutions Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Solutions Architect translates business needs into technical systems solutions. Integrates hardware, software and network interfaces to form a system. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.Humana is seeking a Solution Architect to lead cross-functional teams responsible for designing or determining the initial infrastructure architecture of a proposed IT Infrastructure solution to solve a business need, and then vetting that design with IT stakeholders driving to consensus on the proposed design. This architectural design will include services and technologies that may reside within a single technology or technology domain, or it may cut across various technologies and domains. Thus, the Solution Architect is also responsible for ensuring that the solution architecture is integrated with existing and planned application, domain, and enterprise architectures, and that it fits within the enterprise context.
- Envision and outline technical solutions to business problems within/across domains, including appropriate design tradeoffs, build-vs-buy options, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Create and refine the infrastructure architecture for the proposed solution.
- Leverage industry and organizational standards, patterns, and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies.
- Transfer architecture deliverables to managers and/or other architects, as appropriate for the project.
- Involve the correct people to work through solutions.
- Drive the creation of solutions, ultimately leading the team to a decision point on which solution to implement. Included in this is the decision of buy-versus-build.
- Be responsible for the efficacy of the solution along with the application architect.
- Ensure the solution is aligned to enterprise architectural principles and roadmap.
- Explain, and advocate for, the roles of the various architects to business partners.
- Identify opportunities for reuse of existing solutions and capabilities.
- Stay current on business needs, strategy, and emerging technologies, including conducting independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- At least 6 - 8 years of progressive information technology experience directly related to infrastructure architecture/engineering, information security, or other specialized technology field.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional environment where the architect team is accountable for all components of their design and its supporting platform(s).
- Experience presenting complex information to an audience consisting of senior leaders.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus with technology matters.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure technologies, standards, and architecture frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in designing cloud solutions on platforms like AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or Microsoft Azure
Scheduled Weekly Hours40