We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Sourcing and Procurement Consultant, you will be challenged to lead engagements with UHG Acquired Entities (AEs) focused on sourcing & procurement integration as well as cost optimization. You will operate as a lead point of contact for AEs representing Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement (ES&P), and in doing so, will seek to gain an understanding of the entity’s current procurement environment to identify and help execute integration initiatives that deliver value to the organization. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong knowledge base of the full sourcing & procurement process, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional relationship management and consultative skills. They should demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate the value proposition associated with procurement integration, as well as the ability to lead and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Gain understanding of the AE Business, Org Structure, Key Stakeholders, and Procurement environment; done through strong relationship building with both AE Leadership and internal Integration Governance teams
- Clearly articulate the value proposition associated with a partnership with ES&P
- As part of integration planning, identify any immediate business / integration related nuances that need special attention or may cause disruption / noise
- Analyze AE supplier data and perform Opportunity Assessments to seek out and recommend sourcing / purchasing synergy opportunities
- Through use of established reporting mechanisms, document progress of integration and cost optimization efforts
- Help train and educate AEs on becoming acclimated with ES&P engagement and procurement model including processes, policies, tool usage, and buying channels
- Act as a primary liaison to specialty risk teams who lead supplier risk assessment activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Sourcing & Procurement experience and/or Consulting experience
- Proficiency with MS Office
- MBA or JD
- M&A Integration experience
- Consulting and/or Risk Management experience
- Strategic Sourcing and Procurement experience
- Experience with P2P Systems and Supplier Contracting
- Data analytics skills
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Contract, Negotiation, Manager, Senior, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota