Bed Bath & Beyond’s Associate & Customer Engagement Team is seeking a Senior Engineer who is a self-starter with high initiative and a pro-active attitude to play a key role in the design/engineer, installation, maintenance and pilot deployment of Store and Warehouse software and hardware tehnologies.
The Senior Engineer will collaborate with other engineers and business partners to deliver high quality, secure, and scalable solutions. The ideal candidate is expected to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a highly skilled team to provide insight to help shape and pro-actively craft and propose solutions. This is a full-time position with required flexibility for 24/7 on-call support.
- Partner with engineering team to remotely maintain and update our fleet of 50,000+ mobile devices, thin clients, printers and kiosks across all of our store and warehouse locations.
- Design, build, and test hardware solutions which are secure, reliable and scalable based on specifications.
- Integrate technology on new and existing systems with the ability to understand and communicate the impact of proposed changes.
- Manage, monitor, and provide alerts on all installed systems and infrastructure while ensuring environment security, backup, and redundancy policies, standards, and strategies are developed and maintained.
- Execute on delivery and implementation plans while ensuring the highest levels of quality.
- Configuration and setup of remote management tools in alignment with project requirements and schedule.
- Execute technical writing (e.g., flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, staging instructions, troubleshooting guides and end-user guides) for the purpose of establishing a database of functional and technical documentation.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability. Provide guidance regarding best practices and methods to streamline or automate solutions.
- Participate in discovery sessions led by the Delivery Manager to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks; identifying possible risks, and clearly focus on time-based planning and deliverables; Agile experience a plus.
- Bachelors or higher Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering fields
- 5+ years support and deployment experience in a high-volume retail environment required, preferably managing and maintaining thousands of end-points in remote locations without end-user intervention.
- Working knowledge of networking and TCP/IP communications.
- Experience with leveraging remote Device Management tools (MDM) and solutions. Experience with BMC Footprints, SOTI MobiControl and/or Wavelink Avalanche a PLUS.
- Experience working with Windows CE and Android Mobile Operating systems, specifically Zebra TC51, ET50, MC3x00, MC9x00 and similar mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Linux based operating systems; experience with HP Thinpro a plus.
- Experience supporting customer-facing interactive experiences on Windows and Android based operating systems, which includes ability to troubleshoot network connectivity, domain authentication, and application performance.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent presentation skills leveraging Microsoft Office applications required (advanced Excel knowledge a plus).
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and listening skills.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.