Department:OH1CH_60013_000 Product Management
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Senior Consultant, Strategy leads and provides technical consultation of department projects, plans and goals requiring financial costing impact analysis, reporting, industry trending, identification of new business opportunities and technology solutions, and program development.
- Serves in a seasoned advisory capacity responding to strategic issues, tactical initiatives, opportunities and associated problems, challenges and risks. Develops and provides options and solutions in consideration of impact to process, technology, systems. Facilitates the development of integrated system strategies across business units.
- Collaborates with leaders and management across the organization to identify and implement operational opportunities and resolve problems and issues. Applies operational improvement methodologies, including process redesign and change management techniques.
- Identifies new methods of analysis, presentation and reporting. Facilitates meetings and communications with leaders, stakeholders and external groups.
- Establishes and prioritizes objectives to align with budget, resources and timing.
- Conducts organizational and competitive reviews to identify strengths and weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
- Makes recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and internal business process improvement needs/capabilities assessment.
- Services as a subject matter expert and single point of contact for internal approval process for new systems and technology.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility in managed care, short and long-term strategy management, or payer/provider organizations.
- Excellent analytical skills including financial analysis.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.