Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Commercial Identity Services (OCIS) Operations team is responsible for gaining knowledge of identity products and platforms, resolving customer issues within SLAs, improving platform resiliency and preventing outages, responding to P1/P2 war rooms, supporting production change execution & validation, coordination across applications, managing cross-application technical dependencies & relationships, monitoring application performance using New Relic, troubleshooting issues and reviewing logs in Splunk, and developing/implementing fixes to platform defects and production issues.
Locations are open to: Basking Ridge NJ, Raleigh NC, Dallas TX , Atlanta, GA or Minnetonka, MN area.
- Participate in 7/24 weekly on-call rotation to respond to P1/P2 incidents
- Triage incidents and resolving issues within SLAs
- Use splunk and fiddler to analyze reported problem
- Fully understand the relationship of IAM components (i.e. Siteminder, Ping Federate, CA AA, esso, aaweb, ldap) to support HSID and OptumID
- Improve resiliency of supported infrastructure and services and prevent outages
- Fluency with existing monitors in Newrelic, splunk, sitescope, dynatrace and wily
- Working knowledge of f5 configuration and heart beat monitor
- Support IAM development team in deployment activity, monitor errors, provide post deployment validation
- Find opportunity to improve current monitors and fine tune alerting thresholds
- Develop New Relic monitors as requested by the app team
- Participate in load test, provide monitoring support, create system performance report, help isolating bottleneck in the system
- Support production change validation, coordination across applications, managing cross-application technical dependencies & relationships
- Support PLM activity for external and internal initiatives
- Review inventory of server, VIP and database
- Update ITSM as required
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of Operations support
- 4+ years of experience with Incident restoration and troubleshooting experience
- 4+ years of expert level experience with SSO and SAML technologies, specifically Siteminder and Ping Federate (required)
- 1+ years of journeyman level experience with Splunk, New Relic, logging/monitoring solutions
- 4+ years of high level experience with infrastructure, i.e. f5, ESX, Linux and Windows
- Scripting experience - unix bash, ksh
- Familiarity with OpenShift Enterprise and cloud-based solutions
- Ability to work through unfamiliar problems
- Ability to prioritize volumes of work based on urgency and importance
- Monitoring (splunk, New Relic) tool experience
- Site reliability engineering / resiliency experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.