DescriptionThe Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, configuration and maintenance of complex systems software solutions, based on a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques. Systems software engineering/programming is a specialized area of software engineering/programming focused on software that operates/controls computer hardware and provides a platform for running end user applications. Includes operating systems, device drivers, utilities, and software; development tools (e.g., assemblers, compilers, etc.). The Senior Systems Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Systems Engineer develops and/or modifies systems software for use internally, conducts requirements gathering and analysis, writes code using lower-level assembly languages and/or higher-level languages (e.g., C) and translates/compiles into machine language for use on specific hardware, and supports software testing, deployment, and maintenance activities by correcting programming errors and coding software enhancements. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere server
- Experience with working in development environment as a development DBA and supporting the development team
- Daily DBA activities include Performing Enterprise Turn requests, Solving Problem/Incident tickets, Monitor and maintain all Oracle instances
- Experience in installing, configuring and administering of oracle 11G & 12c on AIX/Unix/Linux and AWS Platform.
- Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS
- Code/Design review of scripts/jobs, advise developers in code optimization
- Experience in applying database patches and application Hotfixes/bug fixes/fix packs
- Contribute in code reviews, work closely with groups such as System Admins, Software development and quality assurance.
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses
- Prior experience oracle database upgrade
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Suite applications
- Install, upgrade, apply hot fix, interim fix, fix pack to IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Suite Application
- RMAN/cold/Hot Oracle database backups(40+ TB database Size)
- Capacity planning, Logical data modeling and physical database designing, database configuration and user security administration
- Script, schedule, and monitor different types of database backups and refreshes in use
- Managing Amazon Cloud and Oracle Databases
- Data migration, database refreshes to lower environments
- IBM Netezza Database Administration/Monitoring
- Knowledge with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C
Scheduled Weekly Hours40