The Sr. Systems Engineer is a hands on engineering role within the STS organization, reporting to the Director, Infrastructure, responsible for the development, rollout and support of various corporate initiatives like GSuite, Okta, user access provisioning automation, etc. She/He will be required to work with business and technology stakeholders to drive cross functional initiatives, provide support to our internal users, knowledge share with the global IT team and help drive a fun, quality focused environment.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Manage and administer corporate server infrastructure, cloud computing platforms, and enterprise applications.
- Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications.
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and alerting strategies built around key performance and health indicators using tools such as Apica, Solarwinds, etc.
- Collaborate actively with the Chief Architect and the architecture team in the Agile software development process as a security subject matter expert, to ensure that the product architecture conforms with all company security policies and security best practices. And to ensure that all software developed by the company will meet all security audit, compliance, and control requirements.
- Lead internal initiatives that result in highly available, redundant, resilient systems and services.
- Ensure creation, validation and execution of clearly defined and executable information security policies, standards, and procedures with appropriate governance to ensure ground level adoption.
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems including user access provisioning.
- Administer a variety of SaaS applications including: Okta, O365, GSuite and Atlassian to name a few.
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership to more junior team members.
- Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first touch whenever possible while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate actively with the architects, functional leads, quality, support and corporate communication organizations to architect, develop and rollout solutions in a timely and efficient manner
HOW YOU CAN FIT
A bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering or equivalent work experience.
5-7 years of experience working in a heavily SaaS & AWS based environments supporting a variety of customer applications/platforms like GSuite, Office 365, Okta, etc.
Experience managing, designing and deploying infrastructure and systems in a datacenter environment. Administration and maintenance of VMware environments.
Automation using scripting languages such as Python and/or PowerShell
Solid experience in infrastructure virtualization, particularly with Amazon Web Services
Experience managing infrastructure and endpoints in highly diverse, multi-platform environments
Excellent written and verbal communication skills — including the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences — and strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
High level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential and otherwise sensitive matters professionally and with the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
Demonstrated experience in executing/delivering cross functional projects in a dynamic, fast-paced matrixed environment with a sophisticated ability to balance between security strategies and other priorities at the organizational level.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.