UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UnitedHealth Group Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (OCSO) is developing an exciting new technology platform that will enable health plans, clinical practices, and all who provide patient care better leverage of patient health data to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, fewer gaps in care, and improved affordability. This platform bridges the divide between traditional Providers and Payers, and will transform the ways in which each person's health care is provided and experienced by delivering health care at a scale that makes a difference.
The Senior Systems Management Analyst will use their deep application knowledge to identify, analyze and resolve escalated incidents in a high profile environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure that services SLAs are being met
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and assist in resolution of hardware, software, or other data center system problems
- Maintain production, test and development hardware platforms by monitoring for issues, troubleshooting issues, and fulfilling end user requests
- Support deployment activities and perform software upgrades and deployments
- Provide a root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problem
- Assist with lifecycle management for all servers, storage devices
- Monitor and maintain application performance using master consoles to identify adjustments that need to be made and where changes will need to be made in the future
- Participate in after-hours call coverage shared by team
- Proactively evaluate user support issues and identify areas requiring training
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Broad knowledge of systems administration/analysis concepts, practices and procedures
- 3+ years experience creating release build packages using build automation tools (like Jenkins, Ant / Maven, Shell, etc.)
- 3+ years experience creating custom release packages using Jenkins / Nexus modules
- 3+ years supporting Git / SVN activities (Create Repositories, merging code, Tagging, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in configuration management and deployments using automation tools
- 3+ years experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience communicating and collaborating with information technology professionals, senior management, auditors and vendors
- Experience problem solving and breaking down complex problems into meaningful user stories
- Agile, Lean and Self-Service methodologies
- Experience with a customer service orientation with a keen sense of urgency and priorities
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: troubleshoot, root cause analysis, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Shell, Nexus, GIT, SVN UNIX, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home