At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Enterprise Risk Management Technology (ERMT) provides technology development and support for the Wells Fargo Risk Management organization. The application and supporting departments provide a partnership between Technology and the Risk Management line of business as the single point of contact for all technology needs; providing an understanding of Risk Management business goals in order to build a supporting technology strategic plan; and create a more holistic approach to address the needs of Conduct Management and Operational Risk.
One of the teams within ERMT is the Allegations and Patriot Act team. This team focuses on support of: Enterprise Allegations, Community Banking Branch Supervisions, Community Banking Review Standards, BSA - Customer Due Diligence, Customer Exits, and Anti-Money Laundering
This role is a senior technical writer with the Allegations and Patriot Act Team:
Responsible for complex technical documentation tasks and projects with either a writing or editing focus. Provides mentoring and training to less experienced staff. Writing Focus: Uses advanced technical writing knowledge to write and maintain new/revised manuals, bulletins, implementation packages, and other technical documentation including online help screens and online documentation for intranet web sites. Acts as a liaison between client group and technical staff in overall web site design including the evaluation of specifications and preparation of functional and technical designs. Conducts complex problem and audience analysis, works with system and banking analysts to gather technical information, designs, and writes documentation. Editing Focus: Uses advanced technical editing knowledge to edit new manuals, bulletins, implementation packages, and other technical documentation including online help screens and online documentation for intranet web sites. Conducts complex problem analysis, works with technical writers to edit technical information. Develops and implements organizational and design guidelines. Partner with LOB subject matter experts to understand business technical documentation needs as it relates to procedures. Draft, edit and format moderately complex to complex business procedures, technical manuals, process maps, training materials, project and/or other technical documentation. Draft and/or edit moderately complex web content. Research, analyze and translate technical information for technical and non-technical users. Ensure procedures/documentation are compliant with Wells Fargo branding. Review changes to business operations for potential impact to other operations/procedures. Author original content from information supplied by others or gathered directly.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- Process definition and documentation experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of professional technical writing processes and tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of building and executing a technical roadmap
- Knowledge and understanding of process flow or procedure writing
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: test case/scripts drafting and executing
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Ability to interpret technical requirements documents and system flows to translate into reporting requirements
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to translate complex technical needs into straightforward requests for information and collaboration, working with a wide range of people
- Experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements which may include workflows, process maps, or business processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 4+ years’ experience with Adobe Publisher, Snag It, Microsoft SharePoint, Visio
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.