Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function provide technical support to the enterprise. This function includes employees working on incident management response and restoration; determination of issue priority, provisioning, and service request fulfillment; installations, upgrades, and releases / deployments; and problem management analysis and resolution. It also includes data center construction, operations, and maintenance employees.
- Provide local and remote technical support for United Health Groups shared desktop applications
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Enjoys challenging troubleshooting situations and pays attention to details
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently while being part of a decentralized team
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED with 3+ years of technical support experience
- 3+ years of experience with PC operating systems including Windows 7, 8 & 10
- 3+ years of Desktop support experience
- 3+ years of Technology Support experience
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP / IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with service ticketing / tracking systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with Remote Control / Remote Assistance tools (Bomgar, native tools within Windows, and Altiris (Symantec) preferred)
- Microsoft certifications
- Information Technology Certifications (such as CompTIA A+ or Network+)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Technical Support, Analyst, Customer Service, Networking, Technology