The Technology Support Analyst is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, members, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs and technical strategy; research and development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support the infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include Technical Support engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Engineering of Technical Support related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Troubleshooting issues related to software, hardware, and network connectivity of medium complexity.
- Accountable for all items assigned in the ticketing system, including following up with customers on open tickets.
- Install new / rebuild existing laptop / desktop and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Customer Service-coordinate and communicate with impacted internal and external constituencies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Provide Tier III / other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of experience in desktop support or in an equivalent role
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Working experience with thin clients, and virtual desktop (VDI) environment
- Ability to be on call on occasion
- Active Directory knowledge
- Preferred Certifications (one of more of the following): MCSA / MCSE, MCTIP, CompTIA A+
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Senior Technology Support Analyst, IT Support, IT Desktop Support, virtual desktop (VDI) environment