For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Underwriting Consultant will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of loss of clients. They will utilize underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies. They will also build and maintain models to assist in the economic analysis of market alternatives. The Senior Underwriting Consultant is responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of alternative pricing options and plan design changes based on economic analysis and trends.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of periodic trend forecasts, pricing trends, explanation of medical cost results and variances from pricing
- Oversee the development of cost models that emphasize level of care utilization
- Develop detailed knowledge of behavioral health care data and data sources
- Distill complex and detailed data into clear analytics that can delineate problems and inform solutions
- Communicate findings to Community & State actuarial team to support rate advocacy efforts
- May also be involved in product and network strategies, reserving, and other medical cost issues related to Community & State Behavioral Health
- Will work closely with regional and market level CFOs, actuarial pricing, finance, network, and product teams
- 3+ years of healthcare experience in a finance role.
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare data and data gathering/reporting tools such as SQL, SAS, Excel, and Visual Basic
- Intermediate level of SAS, SQL or another statistical program
- Intermediate level of Excel
- Solid understanding of rating and pricing within the healthcare industry
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and effective manner
- Medicaid experience preferred
- ASA actuarial credentials, or pursuing ASA credentials, preferred
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.