DescriptionThe Senior Vendor Management Professional works as liaison between vendors and organization. The Senior Vendor Management Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Vendor Management Professional reviews and negotiates terms of vendor contracts and communicates with vendors to regarding day-to-day matters. You will build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and monitor vendor performance while researching invoices and contractual issues to resolve discrepancies.
We are a multi-disciplinary team which is focused on outpatient spends from both a utilization and unit cost perspective. The team delivers improved quality and savings through value based purchasing and ensuring medically appropriate care delivery. Our outcome analysis work seeks to answer relevant clinical, operational, & financial questions, and identify areas for improvement.
- Vendor management, vendor sourcing, contract oversight and clinical operations
- Support and collaborate with Business Owners, Clinical Ops, Finance, Service Fund, Compliance and Humana leadership
- Research operational issues as reported by Clinical Operations, Markets, Provider Contracting, Market Clinical-Sr. Products, Provider Relations and member support areas as it relates to authorization processing and claims payment.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational processes for the managed vendors. These improvements may include file enhancements, program operational changes or transaction process improvement.
- Ideation: Explore Pro-active opportunities, design solutions, develop Corrective Action Plans
- Mitigate Trend: Lead or coordinate cross-functional project/program teams with Business Owner of spend, category and vendor relationships, and Trend Bender development and implementation
- Outcome Analysis: Research to seek answers to relevant clinical, operational, & financial questions, and identify areas for improvement.
- Investigates facts and develops solutions to problems during the design and planning phases.
- Monitor performance, and make recommendations for changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Collaborate across the company and bring out the best in others to get us to the right answers
- Get into the data and support your team with actionable insights. Understand complex technical challenges and synthesize conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Master’s Degree in health- or business-related field.
- Experience in managed care or health care administration
- Experience managing medium to large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40