No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Vice President of Broker & Consultant Relations is a highly visible role responsible for setting strategy and operating across the various business portfolios. This role will lead a diverse team responsible for managing consultant and broker relationships across national and local markets.
The Senior VP Broker & Consultant Relations is accountable for developing and fostering relationships at the national broker and consultant level, serving as the main point of contact between United Healthcare E&I Local Markets, National Accounts and United Retiree Solutions and those national relationships. The primary responsibility of the SVP Broker & Consultant Relations is to develop and execute a National business strategy with the consulting firms and interface with key consultants and thought leaders to position UHC as the leading health services provider. They will work closely with teams of National business leaders and field based Market executives to develop local and regional, national broker and consultant relationships.
The position reports to the CEO of E&I Local Markets and will be responsible for a matrixed team of individuals dedicated to supporting National Accounts, and United Retiree Solutions Broker and Consultant needs.
- Develop and execute on a strategy to drive awareness of UHC services, build pipeline and enhance close ratios for new business that is specific to assigned brokerage and consultant firms
- Develop strategic alliances and distribution partnerships with the benefit broker and consultant communities
- Identify key industry trends and emerging customer requirements and drive this information deep into the business development and product development organization to help the company remain ahead of competition and relevant to customers
- Responsible and accountable for representing needs of National Accounts and URS Broker and Consultant Firm Relations
- Plan and lead regular meetings with key industry thought leaders and regional consultants
- Coordinate with key internal leaders to provide visibility into the status and value of each relationship by developing a dashboard highlighting key performance metrics such as: the number and quality of the meetings with key consultancies, number and quality of RFP's and number of sales won/lost with each targeted broker and consultant house, etc. '
- Collaboratively interface with sales and account executives across the enterprise to engage with local brokers and consultants
- Continuously engage with internal functional areas such as product, operations, finance, marketing, and various UnitedHealth Group business units to develop and maintain deep knowledge of UHC’s products and capabilities and coordinated message and approach to interface with the broker and consultant community
- Partner with brokers and consultants to identify emerging opportunities, influence RFP design, and drive qualified leads to business development team
- Partner with business development and marketing and to establish and deliver key messages to the broker and consultant community
- Represent UHC at key broker and consultant industry events showcasing UHC’s value (e.g., Employee Benefits Leadership Forum)
- Work with Director Broker & Consultant Communications to maintain a database of brokers and consultants, track outreach activity and track specialized and targeted communications campaigns, in coordination with Optum Growth Operations
- Effectively represent Our United Culture to demonstrate UHC’s values to the broker and consultant communities
Demonstrate a collaborative workstyle
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
10+ years of experience in health and productivity / benefits consulting industry or leadership experience with health or disease management service providers
5+ years' experience working with senior - level c - suite executives and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for business development, client relationship management and / or consultation
Experience developing complex health and productivity solutions for employers
Expertise in disease management, health and wellness, centers of excellence solutions and competitive landscape
Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to build credibility to gain the respect and confidence of key brokers and consultants
Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, fast - paced and continuously evolving matrix environment
Deep understanding of organizational dynamics inside broker and consulting houses
Strong people skills with direct experience in successfully forging and managing strategic relationships
Intellectual capacity for mastering the technical aspects of product capabilities offered to customers
Strong organizational skills and project management skills
Self-starter and able to navigate a complex, matrixed organization
Up to 50% travel
Experience in an employer market facing sales consultant role
A "known" voice in the health management industry with an established base of relationships with employers and consultants
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Vice President, SVP, Broker & Consultant Relations, United Healthcare, UHC, E&I Local Markets, National Accounts, United Retiree Solutions, New York, NY, Hartford, CT, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Washington, DC, Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA