If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Vice President of Government Dental will be the executive leader responsible for the sustainable and profitable growth of the Medicare and Medicaid (Government) arm of the UHC Dental portfolio, which represents 50% of Dental membership and 40% of IOI. Accountable for all relationships, strategies, and performance of this growing team.
- Responsible for $940M Medicaid and Medicare Dental business with growth expectations of ~30% year over year
- Oversight for the development and growth of the carve-out Medicaid Dental business
- Leader with strategic vision to drive business growth through pipeline development, bidding strategy, regulatory engagement and advocacy, product development, pricing, and business readiness
- Develop strong relationships with Medicare and Medicaid executive leadership to manage current embedded Dental government business as well as partner for prospective new business opportunities
- Develop external executive relationships with state leaders across Medicare and Medicaid
- Oversight of existing government programs team, responsible for Medicare and Medicaid new business development and existing plan management
- Establish proactive, community facing relationships in collaboration with key internal and external partners to promote UHC Dental programs in current and prospective markets
- Accountability for financial and plan performance including utilization, consumer experience, and maintaining compliance with evolving State and Federal requirements, clinical innovation and financial reporting
- Close collaboration with UHC clinical services, Dental Network, Government Operations and Implementation, Finance, Compliance, Government Affairs, and Pricing teams to develop a strong business model and robust value story across both the carve in and carve out space
- Represents and advocates for other Specialty Benefits products (Vision, Hearing) with Medicare / Medicaid leadership as appropriate. Appropriately coordinates across coverage lines and encourages bundling / cross-sell opportunities
- Works directly with market leaders across Medicare and Medicaid to assess requests for new vendor relationships and operational support needs
- Establish proactive approach in the evaluation and identification of new business opportunities, assessing mid-cycle market trends, the assessment of network and clinical programs
- Establish relationships with external decision makers and influencers, in conjunction with C&S Business Development
- Influence dental policy and program design in conjunction with UHC Gov’t Affairs
- Autonomous, executive-level leader
- Key decision maker for dental government programs, staffing decisions, and investment prioritization
- Owns Dental Government Program P&L (Revenue and IOI) and all associated management and stewardship, including setting the budget and forecast (in close coordination with Dental and other Specialty P&Ls Business Development
Influence dental policy and program design in conjunction with UHC Gov’t Affairs
- 10+ years of operation leadership within the healthcare industry, some Dental and/or Vision experience preferred.
- 10+ years working in a highly matrixed leadership capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in leading and building large and diverse teams, government business development and plan management
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a team through a transformative change initiative or expansive growth effort.
- Strong executive leadership presence, with ability to manage prioritization process across segment leadership, and communicate goals.
- Ability to Travel up to 50%
- Ability to work out of Columbia, MD; Hartford, CT; New York, New York; New Jersey or Minnetonka UHG office locations
- Medicare or Medicaid leadership experience
- MBA strongly
- P&L experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.