At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Senior Wealth Planning Strategist plays a significant role in deepening and broadening relationships with existing clients, as well as developing/bringing new client relationships of generally above $10mm net worth into Wealth Management. Develops new clients and drives fee based engagements jointly with internal partners as well as individually with external sources. Partners with relationship managers during the consultative process with clients and prospects, and also assists with overall client discovery. Works alongside the relationship manager to assess goals, objectives, and current situation of clients and prospects through a discovery process to determine the most appropriate planning offering. Focuses on cash flow analysis, insurance analysis, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, income tax planning, charitable planning, business succession, asset protection, and estate and wealth transfer planning. Utilizes Wealth Planners/Senior Wealth Planners to support creation and delivery of client analyses and necessary research. Collaborates with the Senior Director of Planning, the Regional Wealth Planning Manager, and the rest of the Regional Planning team to promote Wealth Planning both internally and externally. Provides support as a subject-matter expert for a specific specialty or type of service. Monitors and tracks client revenues related to wealth planning work to ensure business development opportunities are maximized. Spends majority of time working with teams to build out client relationships while relying on Wealth Planners/Senior Wealth Planners to produce any planning analysis. Works to support regional/office specific business initiatives. Required to review documents such as Wills, Trusts, corporate governing documents, and others. Adheres to all planning protocols and procedures. Reports to 1 or more Regional Directors, with dual reporting to the Senior Director of Planning.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: tax, financial, or wealth planning
- Business development experience
- Client relationship management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- 10+ years of legal, tax or wealth planning experience with high net worth clients
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree, Certified Financial Planner (tm) designation, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.