- Make outbound calls from an automated dialing system to members who are diagnosed with Behavioral Health needs
- Perform assessments via phone
- Contacts the aftercare providers (individual practitioners and / or Community Mental Health Centers) and records aftercare appointments in UBH Care Management system.
- Determines if the enrollee is aware of his / her aftercare plan and provides assistance with any additional behavioral health needs. Enrollees that do not have an aftercare appointment or missed their scheduled appointment are assisted in setting up a new appointment.
- Assists enrollees with understanding locating community support services
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Proficient use of computer, including internet searches
- Strong spelling and highly legible handwriting; type 30+ wpm accurately
- Working knowledge of community based resources and services are desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in social work, psychology or related field.
- Managed care experience.
- Casework experience at hospitals, social service agencies or community mental health centers.
Medical / Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical / behavioral outpatient practice)
Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Experience working with low - income populations
Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
- Able to handle sensitive issues with members and providers in a confidential manner
- Proficient use of computer, including internet searches and MS Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills — specifically telephone skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and scheduling skills as observed in day - to - day work
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem - solving skills
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to use community and network resources to meet members' needs.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, ability to follow through on all tasks in a timely fashion, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail, as observed in day to day work
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Demonstrates initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:customer service, behavioral health, case management