Flexible, Friendly, Fast on your feet, that's a great start. Accurate, Accountable, Self Directed, These traits can take you places. Our claims operations are the focal point of handling information about services patients receive and they way those services get paid. It's complex, detailed work. It's fast paced challenge. It's a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. To put it mildly, there is never a dull moment. Senior Workforce Management (WFM) Business Analysts are responsible for all related aspects of claim system processes and claim business rules. Include claims systems utilization, capacity analyses / planning and reporting, claims-related business and systems analysis. Ensure data integrity, data security and process optimization.
Insurance Solutions, in partnership with AARP, provides Medicare supplement and hospital indemnity insurance through the AARP’s Health program. This business segment is part of Medicare & Retirement, a family of UnitedHealth Group businesses dedicated to improving the health and well-being of Americans ages 50 and older.
As a Senior Workforce Management (WFM) Business Analyst, you will grow and develop as you support the Operational Departments by developing, enhancing and managing Workforce Management models and reporting. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. In this role, you will gather volume forecast inputs, analyze trends and seasonality, and create and maintain weekly, monthly and yearly forecasts. The volume forecast will be the driver of the operational plan for each unit that you support, and you will play a key role in assisting the business in the execution of these plans. As part of this elite team, you will also be empowered to impact the health care system through analysis and interpretation of data, and developing and presenting recommendations to drive performance and effective use of resources.
- Design, develop and continuously improve volume forecasting models and tools across various business units
- Liaison with business partners to gather relevant information to predict future volume impacts
- Produce accurate workload forecasts and determine optimal staffing levels in order to drive maximum efficiency while maintaining required customer service levels and quality
- Perform ad-hoc analyses (both simple and complex) to identify and make recommendations on efficiency improvements, adjustments to planning metrics, staff movement, and workload balancing
- Develop reports and work management tools as needed by the Leadership Team
- Support both internal and external reporting of metrics and performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Present staffing models and other data analysis to operational and business partners on a routine basis
- Develop a solid understanding of staffing metrics and inputs
- Serve as a resource to others and mentor newer members of the team
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business, Finance, Health Administration or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in business / finance analysis or call center workforce, planning, and forecasting
- 2+ years of work experience in a metrics driven environment; preferably insurance claims, enrollments and / or customer service call center
- 1+ years of capacity planning or staff modeling
- 1+ years of experience reviewing / analyzing data in a metrics-based environment
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including ability to pivot, graph and use complex formulas
- Intermediate or better level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint including the ability to open, create, edit, save, and send documents and power point presentations
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business, Finance or a related field
- Call center workforce management experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access database with the ability to understand basic queries
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to the business in writing and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and evidence of creative, proactive problem solving
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Works independently and has strong business ownership
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.