We are seeking Senior Writers to support the work and research of our Scientific Leadership team. This position includes writing, editing, and intensive online market and academic research. It also includes participation in the planning of long-term healthcare research and development programs.
- In collaboration with a Research Fellow, conduct secondary research about specific healthcare topics. This work will include identifying, synthesizing, and helping to interpret large amounts of information from journals, conference proceedings, online sources, trade publications, etc.
- Help develop arguments - and find the supporting facts - for why UnitedHealth Group should make specific strategic investments in healthcare research
- Produce polished, high-quality research briefs (for a business audience) that make these arguments in a clear, logical, and compelling way
- Participate in the planning of research projects (including data analyses, pilots, and clinical studies) that support these strategic initiatives
- Participate in the critical review and editing of colleagues’ reports
- Do quick-turnaround background research to prepare senior scientists for meetings or help them craft research proposals
- Participate in a team of research specialists that:
- Identifies and continually monitors the information sources that will keep our company abreast of all developments in our strategic research focus areas
- Curates regular reports about new developments in our selected focus areas
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a professional writer or editor
- Experience working with and synthesizing academic literature
- Master’s degree
- Interest / education in healthcare
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Writer, Researcher, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota