Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
It's a big step forward when you realize that you've earned the trust to lead a team. Now, let's determine just how big that step can be. Take on this role with UnitedHealth Group and you'll be part of a team that's reshaping how health care works for millions. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best resources and tools in the world to help serve our members. You'll play a lead role in a high volume, focused and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
The Service Account Manager Associate is responsible for first-level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers. Responsible for the overall delivery of benefits and services by providing support and guidance to existing and potential customers to ensure continued membership.
- Respond effectively to customer needs or requests by providing information, service, or by referring customers to appropriate staff
- Work directly with group contacts, account managers and brokers on claim payment and plan issues
- Responsible for updating the health plan database
- Provide feedback to supervisors regarding customer service representative technical skill level
- Researching and interpreting claim benefit questions for many different and unusual benefit plans and offering technical direction on how to move forward with call and claim resolution
- Monitor large dollar claims as assigned by account managers or directors
- Facilitate discussions with customers and plan holders on escalated issues
- Actively participate in the renewal process, including making appropriate recommendations
- Actively participate in customer visits and finalist presentations
- Ability to analyze customer reports and take appropriate action based on the data.
- Provide continual education and consultation to the customer
- Attend all appropriate team meetings
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate other's activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with the UMR Claims Payment System (CPS)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Available to work between the hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm CST Monday through Friday and the ability to work overtime as needed
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating documents / templates / lists) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting / filtering)
- Medical Terminology knowledge
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Wausau, WI, Customer, Specialist