The Service Employee details and fuels commercial buses in conjunction with First Transits Maintenance Department: Dispenses fuel, maintains accurate meter readings, and coordinates the flow of buses to ensure safe operation. Performs light maintenance as necessary to buildings and grounds.
As a Service Employee, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Opens the gates to the lot and checks bus parking areas to ensure all can be dispatched in a timely manner. Re-positions any buses that may impede the traffic in the yard
- Inspects all buses during fueling or on a regularly scheduled basis for physical damage. Any damage will be reported immediately to the Contract Manager or designee.
- Maintains adequate inventories and supplies to make minor repairs and facilitate the washing of buses.
- Performs maintenance of buildings and grounds to include yard cleanliness, grass and weeds or any other yard projects that are assigned as necessary.
- Follows all safety standards and guidelines, including but not limited to: (1) The wearing of Safety Glasses, (2) The wearing of steel-toed safety shoes, (3) Safety gloves as needed, (4) Proper attire.
- Performs light interior and exterior maintenance on buses as required
- Performs any other management requests or directives as requested
At First Transit, each individual plays an integral part of the communities they serve. We care as much about you as we do our students and that is why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities
- The position requires the employee to work outdoors in varying, seasonal weather conditions
- Competitive Wages
Service Employee Requirements:
- Knowledge of bus maintenance
- CDL with air brake endorsement
- Ability to learn maintenance skills.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer