Utility / Bus Service / Fueler
Join First Transit as a Bus Services Team member! This position fuels and cleans buses, coordinates the flow of buses to ensure safe operation and provides support to our Operators and Maintenance Teams.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages starting at $12/hour
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Cutting-edge training
- A great work environment!
Bus Service Fueler / Utility major responsibilities include:
- Re-positions any buses that may impede the traffic in the yard.
- Assist Bus Operators with mirror adjustments as needed.
- Checks and fills the oil, antifreeze, power steering, transmission fluid, brake fluid, windshield washer fluid and belts on buses being fueled.
- Minor services, such as changing bulbs and/or filters.
- Repair/replacement of decals.
- Checks tires for damage and proper air pressure.
- Inspection buses regularly for physical damage.
- Performs light interior and exterior maintenance on buses, site vehicle and facilities as needed.
- Pick-up and delivery of parts as needed.
Bus Service Fueler / Utility Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Stand, stoop, lift and work in an outdoor environment on concrete surfaces
- Ability to learn maintenance skills.
- Ability to ensure safety.
Join our local team today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.