- Self performs and manages all service calls of intrusion detection, access control, and video management and data communication systems. On-site work will include troubleshooting of head-end computer systems, field hardware, field devices and sensors, and communication infrastructure including fiber optic cables.
- Completes service status reports (hard and soft copies), and other documentation as required. Use of software reporting (Service Center) a must.
- Organizes and coordinates service calls and preventive maintenance with Clients to discuss service activities, changes, and developments with the customer and site personnel.
- Provide warranty service, including replacement of defective material and repair of faulty workmanship within two days.
- Provide maintenance service for the warranty period, including at least two semi-annual visits to site for checking and adjustment of equipment.
- Answer service calls within 24 hours.
- Maintenance calls shall be completed within five days of notification.
- Software/firmware maintenance: new releases or updates of hardware, software, technical and alert bulletins released by the access control manufacturer shall be applied to the system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- During downtime of service calls, candidate shall assist the Project Manager and project specific Superintendent with installation projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Low voltage systems or related field with two years of field experience. Must have extensive knowledge of electronics, computer programming, as well as site service and installation experience. Employees should also be adept in the use of the following or similar systems: Software House, Nice Systems and Genetec. Experiences in AMAG, Lenel, Honeywell and Hirsch Electronics will be considered. Successful candidates must be able to pass drug screening and possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly may split time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Travel is required.