Full and Part time positions may be available
Statement of Purpose:________________________________________________
A shift leader is responsible for executing the highest standards of shift performance against the established operational guidelines of Bob Evans. Working with employees, peers and management staff to continually improve, communicate, and execute shift objectives. Additional responsibilities include assisting the management team in maximizing the financial success of the restaurant through ensuring productive shifts. Leading by example, motivating the crew, taking initiative and delivering outstanding customer service.
- Provides daily working supervision of associates to ensure company standards are maintained and continually improved.
- Training, education, and development of new hires and existing staff to maximize performance.
- Modeling professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, grill line, etc), as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a family, fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is preferred.
- Some college and or culinary schooling a plus.
- At least 19 years of age.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.