This is an opportunity that's all about where you've been. Your experience. Your potential. Your skills. Because on the team at UnitedHealth Group, your potential and your impact can be career changing. No company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Short Term Disability (STD) Claim Specialists. This is where you come in. We'll look for your experience and expertise to help keep our service levels and accuracy extremely high. We'll also look for your ideas on how to constantly evolve our claims processes. We'll back you with the great training, support and opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Individuals in this position are responsible for managing a caseload of initial liability and ongoing Short Term Disability claims. They will effectively and professionally utilize sound judgment, technical knowledge, communication skills, and focused resources (medical, vocational, legal, etc.) to manage claims to appropriate conclusion in accordance with applicable internal and external regulations, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability in customer service issue resolution and relationship building
- Demonstrate comfort utilizing multiple computer systems/applications, including Microsoft Office products
- Appropriately apply policies and procedures to ensure successful compliance with internal and external guidelines
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Previous experience in the group and/or individual disability insurance industry
- Previous experience with customer service issue resolution and relationship building
- Comfortable utilizing multiple computer systems/applications, including Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word (ability to create, edit and save)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Short Term Disability experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrate role model behavior regarding the core values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, Performance
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Be accountable
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate Open and Honest Communication
- Remain available/approachable
- Understand UnitedHealth Group’s Pay For Performance culture
- Ability to make timely, confident decisions based on available facts
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to listen objectively and articulate the facts of an issue verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid conflict resolution skills
- Ability to take direction; respond to requests and feedback
- Work effectively and partner with others to contribute to a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn new tasks
- Motivated to work independently and remain focused on the task(s) at hand in the face of shifting obstacles to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly, professionally and positively to accommodate urgent tasks and to reach team, business area, and corporate goals
- Ability to interact professionally with all internal and external customers, including peers, members of management, members of other business areas/segments, attorneys, etc
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior, Claims, disability, South Portland, ME, customer service