At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking Technology, part of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), is seeking a Siebel Systems/Solutions Engineer that will provide technical leadership of a large-scale Siebel implementation and related originations applications for Equipment Finance platform. This position will play the role of senior application systems engineer, playing a critical role in defining the technology strategy and will work closely with our business and technology partners in various Lines of Business throughout Wells Fargo.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in application development, enterprise integration and/or service oriented architecture. The selected candidate will serve as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Software development lifecycle, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's systems, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of an application. Ensure alignment, participation, contribution, and compliance with Enterprise Software development lifecycle standards.
The candidate must have previous hands-on experience in application development and maintenance, technology strategy and have the ability to bring innovative yet practical ideas to the organization and the ability to communicate ideas to all levels for support, adoption and implementation. Candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply core development principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications.
Other duties will include:
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and, in some cases, related costs for each project request. Contribute to feature prioritization and system design.
- Review Requirements Documents and develop implementation strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems.
- Produce high level solution and design documents to effectively communicate the solution to the business and provide direction for the development teams and infrastructure partners.
- Develop design standards and guidelines and mentor development team members on best practices.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in problem solving.
- Work with business and technology partners to prevent or solve difficult availability and performance problems.
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs.
- Research new innovative tools and technologies and lead proof-of-concepts to drive adoption.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Expert level proficiency with Siebel application development and Siebel application architecture
- 7+ years of Siebel systems design or development experience
- Experience with a wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications or a component family
- Active knowledge of modern application frameworks (presentation, business process, document management, services, database, etc.).
- Technical experience working with Siebel 8.x, Oracle, SQL technologies
- Experience with Siebel Open UI.
- Experience with Siebel EAI (Webservices, MQ)
- Proven understanding of the discipline of application design and its role and function as a bridge between business strategy and technology execution is critical
- Previous leadership in an application development capacity and the ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels.
- Ability to facilitate design reviews and technology roadmap sessions with the business and technology staff
- Experience working in a matrixed organization, building relationships with leaders and team members located across time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to document and communicate complex business and technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Previous experience leading a team is preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.