Primary purpose encompasses the construction, installation, repair, maintenance, testing and inspection of signal systems. These signal systems include: automatic block signal systems, traffic control systems, train stop, train control and cab signal systems; rail-highway grade crossing protection, automatic classification yards, hot box detectors, broken flange detectors and other similar devices, appliances and systems.
- Inspects and tests signal circuitry, using standard electrical and/or electronic testing equipment
- Inspects, tests and maintains batteries to insure proper operation of signals.
- Inspects, tests and maintains signal equipment such as grade crossing warning devices, power switches and switch air unit controllers
- Compiles reports inclding mileage or track inspected, tests performed repairs made and replace required equipment when needed.
- Operates rail or highway vehicle for transportation to wayside locations to install, inspect, test and maintain or repair grade crossing warning systems, signals and signal equipment.
Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED with one to three years related technical experience/ training; or equivalent combination of education and related technical experience/ training.
Education Preferred: Associate's Degree with one to three years related technical experience/ training; or equivalent combination thereof
Related Experience Required: Must be able to read schematic diagrams in maintenance and instruction manuals; understands mechanical principles
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Woodland, California, United States