DescriptionThe Senior Site Reliability Engineer maintains, integrates and implements software applications within the organization. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer coordinates software application testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation and support to ensure smooth, stable and timely implementation of new software and updates to installed applications. Ensures proper controls are established and maintained over test and production systems and software source code. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Provide operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including; monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers, build packs, and tiles.
• Establish and maintain continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and related products.
• Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver customer applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement.
• Create and curate reference architecture/design patterns that will enable engineering teams to effectively leverage the Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform.
• Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of technical experience, or equivalent and 2+ years of project leadership experience
• Experience coordinating software application testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation and support to ensure smooth, stable and timely implementation of new software and updates to installed applications?
• Experience with ensuring proper controls are established and maintained over test and production systems and software source code.
• 2+ years experience in release management or production operations
• 2+ years experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration (ideally leveraging an agile methodology / lean techniques)
• Competence in using scripting + programming languages to automate frequently executed activities
• 2+ years IaaS experience (vSphere / ESXi / AWS / OpenStack / Azure / GCP)
• Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix / Windows systems
• Expert knowledge of networking and related technologies (e. g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT)
• 2+ years experience with TFS, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, or other Continuous Integration tools
• Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
• A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Master's Degree
• Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
• 2+ years experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
• Some experience working with NTP, SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory
• Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vROPS, Datadog, Dyna Trace, etc.)
• A software development or DevOps automation background is a big plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours40