Strong convictions lead to great sales and promotions. At UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, we all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. You'll work with an elite team as an Account Executive to promote health care sales and market products through a defined list of agents and brokers. You'll help write the history of UnitedHealth Group when you focus on the small business market segment (up to 99 employees) to help employees improve their health care. Take your passion for small business and caring attitude and do your life's best work.(sm)
The primary duty of the Account Executive is to promote health care sales and market UHC products through a defined list of agents and brokers. The Account Executive focuses on the small business market segment, those customers employing up to 99 employees.
- Identifies potential health care business customers
- Develops business relationships with agents and / or brokers in order to increase sales. Independently decides which brokers to focus on and which products to recommend
- Promotes sales of health care products to small business (2 to 99 employees) customers, through brokers. This includes educating and keeping brokers up to date on UHC products and pricing; evaluating and discussing with brokers how UHC products meet the needs of the brokers' customers; independently developing and delivering recommendations to brokers on which products to market against competing products; assisting brokers in developing sales proposals, including anticipating competing products and distinguishing UHC's products from those competing products
- Achieves agent / broker sales goals
- Attains regional and health plan goals related to specific targeted health care products
- Produces agent / broker sales that result in profitable premium levels for the company
**Position will include day travel to the Forth Worth area as well.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in sales in the insurance industry, selling HMO, POS, PPO and ancillary products
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing skills
- Ability to work independently to establish and grow relationships in the broker community for the small business market for the assigned geographic area
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law or ability to obtain upon hire
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: accounts, account management, sales, selling, insurance, Dallas, Fort Worth, TX, Texas