You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Leverage your skills and the training we provide to build the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and structure; you provide the interest and motivation.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
You know you like working with people. Even more so, you like helping them become the best versions of themselves. This is your chance to join a team dedicated to helping our members and their families every day. Using the highest standards in customer service, the Smoking Cessation Coach is a phone-based coach who supports our members in their goals to quit using tobacco. Your compassion, people skills, and counseling expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your drive to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.SM
Coaches in this position are trained in our Quit for Life model, which has over 30 years of evidence-based success. Coaches will assist members as they call in to help make successful life changes. In this call center environment, coaches can expect to take about 2 calls per hour, spending 6-7 hours per day on the phone. Coaches will utilize participant-focused interventions, helping them gain insights to their strengths and challenges with making behavior changes that can be leveraged to support tailored action plans for them to be successful. Individuals successful in this role will value and practice the basic elements of a healthy lifestyle.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Sunday- Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Speak with members over the phone about the Quit for Life program and support them in their quest to become tobacco-free
- Utilize participant-focused interventions to help members gain insights into their strengths and challenges
- Help members identify behavior changes that can be leveraged to support tailored action plans for their success
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
Required Qualifications:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or higher)
- 2+ years tobacco and nicotine free (includes all forms of nicotine including electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, cigarettes or any other form of nicotine/tobacco)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ year of work experience in behavior change service, counseling, chemical dependency counseling, or health education
- 1+ year of work experience in a call center or phone support role
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: counseling, chemical dependency, quit coach, smoking cessation, health coach, coach, health education, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class.