At OptumCare, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Internal Medicine, Family Practice or Geriatric Physician to join our team.
Primary Responsibilities: Work situations are varied and require discretion and good judgment in decision making. Internal contacts are primarily with patient care staff and management.
- BE/BC Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician for a Skilled Nursing Facilities position
- Physician is responsible for providing comprehensive primary health care working directly with Nurse Practitioners and patient care providers in providing patient care
- Provider will work on a collaborative basis with other health care providers
- External contacts include patients, patient families, physicians, pharmacy, laboratories, and outside health care agencies
- 1 - 2 buildings per day
- Flexible schedule 6am-9pm
- Full-time or Part-time available
- Weekend coverage is paid at a premium
- 15 patients per day average
- Will get text from nighttime physician with any new admissions, check labs, look at x-rays, writing orders, meeting with family members
- Function as resource for the nursing staff for questions regarding the medical condition/questions of patients
- Makes referrals to PCP, specialty clinic, and supportive services as needed
- 18 yrs of age and older
- Patients who have been in the hospital and then moved to a skilled facility (rehabilitation visit to keep them out of the hospital)
- 90% of patients are 60 yrs and above
- Long term care patients would make of 10% of patients
Required Qualifications: To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Active and unrestricted Arizona medical license
- Board certified / Board eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice or Geriatric Medicine
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Effective communication skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Takes Initiative, creative, has problem solving ability, is adaptable, and flexible
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- 1+ years of Outpatient Clinic experience
- Skilled Nursing / Home Health experience
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.