Job ID 40003
Position Location US-VA-Ashland
Facility Name Ashland Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Job Category Social Services
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Social Services Assistant
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Ashland, VA. As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Social Services Assistant, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Social Services Assistant, you are delegated the responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for ensuring that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. No direct supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon you performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibility
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the resident and family to review policies on advance directives, resident rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs.
- Assist resident, as needed, with financial planning.
- Keep the resident’s family informed of resident problems, personal needs, transfers, and changes of level assignment.
- Meet with the appropriate facility staff concerning resident issues.
- Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory standards.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Assist with discharge planning.
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year experience in long-term care preferred.
Must demonstrate the ability to assess resident needs and coordinate the discharge planning process.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients