Department:OH1FC_22000_000 Emergency Department
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for experienced social workers who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence. We need passionate nurses who provide personalized care by focusing on each patient's emotional, social and spiritual needs.
Job Description Details:
· Current licensed independent social worker.
· Minimum of 5 years recent clinical experience in an acute care setting, or discharge planning, social work in an acute care setting or managed care environment preferred.
· Discharge planning or medical social work experience preferred.
· Strong organization skills, self-directed, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly changing regulatory requirements.
· Possesses excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills.
· Possesses good computer skills.
· Possesses effective interpersonal skills, can work across departmental boundaries, facilitates problem resolution, and maintain a professional demeanor in difficult situations.
· Knowledge of the functional operations of utilization management, discharge planning, business office
and third party payers preferred.
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Willing to take call in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse or designee.
- May provide clinical supervision to other staff as assigned.
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards: Role modeling excellence for all to see, Provides updates and initiates service recover on identified issues. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
· Case Coordination - Assesses, plans, evaluates, and coordinates management of patient care including discharge planning, and utilization needs as written under the utilization program in the administrative policy, and psychosocial concerns. Coordinates with the multi-disciplinary team in meeting these goals. Conduct face-to-face medical necessity assessment when appropriate.
· Continuity Planning - Identifies discharge needs, coordinates planning, and problem solves continuity
Issues to ensure seamless continuum of patient care. Assures appropriate clinical information is
provided to outside agencies.
· Collaboration - Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team, including physicians and other healthcare
disciplines, and outside agencies regarding patient stay management. Initiates
appropriate consults, e.g., physician and other ancillary services.
· Communication - Communicates pertinent information, including clinical, psychosocial, and utilization to
appropriate members of the patient care team. Keeps patient/family/payer/physician appraised/
updated. Communicates specific issues to medical advisor and hospital leadership as appropriate,
including discharge delay.
· Initiative - Takes responsibility to identify and eliminate barriers to effective patient stay management
and promotes improvements in work processes within department, hospital, and community.
Responsible/accountable for professional development and maintaining licensure. Takes ownership for
self education and education at area meetings. Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with
continuous regulatory readiness.
· Advocacy - Advocates for patient legal, social, and ethical rights while balancing patient resources and
hospital financial stewardship. Refers quality issues to appropriate source.
· Education - Coordinates/facilitates patient/family education.
· Consultation - Provides consultation to professional staff and employees regarding patient stay options,
financial considerations, psychosocial concerns, risk management, and ethical issues.
· Documentation - Accurately and completely documents pertinent assessments, interventions and
outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or
· Computer Skills - Utilizes computer systems effectively, systems appropriate to area. Appropriate use of internet and Intranet.
· Exhibits each of the Diley Ridge Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for
all to see. For example, demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication, creates a
professional environment and provides first class service.
· Delegation: Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers and support staff in the implementation
of patient care.
In order to remain in good standing as a contingent employee at Diley Ridge Medical Center the following criteria must be met based on the position and the needs of the department:
- You must be on call four (4) scheduled unit shifts for each four week period of the schedule for a total of eight (8) scheduled shifts per scheduling period. On call days are not to overlap with FT SW so the coordination of days will be needed.
- You must be on call one of the six recognized holidays per year or one of the following: December 24th , December 31st, Easter Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.