Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
- To provide social work assessment and intervention for patients and families, which may include crisis intervention, family violence, psychiatric needs, substance abuse, bereavement and other psychosocial stressors which impact health. This position uses the five-axis diagnostic (DSMIV) system to develop an accurate diagnosis and facilitates the development of an appropriate plan of intervention.
- Utilize a collaborative engagement model with RN Case Management.
- May be in contact with patients in a wide variety of circumstances. Able to handle emergency or crisis situations. Occasionally subject to irregular hours.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Master of Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program
Problem solving skills
• Teamwork, with patients and their families and co-workers
• Able to work independently
• Negotiation skills
• Creative thinking
• Flexibility and adaptability, particularly in crisis situation