Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and their families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team
- Links patients/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information/referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Documents patient/family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provides discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan anywhere
- Masters degree in Social Work
- Licensed Social Worker, license active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Case management experience
- Experience in managed care
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.