Department:OH1MH_62500_002 Social Services Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Social Worker in collaboration with the care team helps facilitate and collaborate services for patient while admitted (both in house and in the emergency department) and post discharge. The social worker assesses for and links patients and their families to resources, provides psychosocial assessment and support.
- Supports campus and system goals for capacity management through achieving length of stay goals, identification of avoidable delays at department approved levels, and other Case Management initiatives.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of patient situations utilizing Case Management documentation standards, review of medical record, collaboration with health care team and discussion with patient/family.
- Recognizes problems, systematically gathers data, identifies/understands underlying issues, synthesizes complex issues, seeks input from others and makes difficult decisions to formulate appropriate treatment plans.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited program.
- LSW license in the State of Ohio required
- Two years minimum of recent discharge planning experience in an acute care setting and knowledge of basic medical terminology and basic computer skills.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.