Department:OH1HP_64600_000 Full Risk Model (Frm)
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Social Worker LSW provides medical social work services as ordered/referred by the attending physician according to Mount Carmel policies and procedures and state and federal regulations. Uses professional judgment for initial and ongoing assessment, planning, and evaluation of psychosocial, economic, and environmental needs of patients and families. Acts as a consultant to staff for medical social work service needs.
- Participates in admission process providing psycho-social assessment of patient and family.
- Completes behavioral health and applicable assessments and makes referrals to outpatient services as appropriate.
- Displays excellent knowledge and practice of psychosocial assessment skills, including social and emotional factors, counseling for long-range health planning and decision making, community resource planning, crisis intervention and/or short-term therapy, etc.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of patient using motivational interviewing, Behavioral Health documentation standards, review of medical record and in collaboration with the health care team.
- Master's degree from school of social work (CSWE Accredited-Council on Social Work Education)
- Licensed Social worker by the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board.
- Minimum experience preferred is two (2) years in social work; one (1) year in a medical setting
- Current knowledge of legal, regulatory, and accrediting requirements and standards related to the practice of social work.
- Current knowledge of county, state, and federal programs (Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, SSI and Veterans benefits) in particular..
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.