Primary Location: MD-MDRockville-400 E Gude Dr
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve.
As a Social Worker with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be. Our caring staff works with each participant to create an individualized Plan of Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietary needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may include services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy, delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
Adult Day Health is seeking a Social Worker to be responsible for the evaluation and treatment of clients admitted.The Social Worker will adhere to the specific scope of service for activities related to the evaluation and treatment of clients in the home and community.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluation including gathering data from client records, interviews, observation and dialogue with other team members
- Development and implementation of a treatment plan according to physician orders which includes establishing client goals, continuous re-evaluation of progress and appropriate modification of the plan
- Timely preparation of written documentation of client progress including initial evaluations, progress reports, discharge summaries and other requested reports
- One to one counseling with client/and or family members in their home or other appropriate setting
- Attends team conferences and reports on client’s progress and current status in therapy as well as collaboratively assisting the team in identifying realistic goals
- Completes and turns in billing information in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with internal case manager
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
What we require of you:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
- Licensed by the State of Maryland as a social worker