Social Worker- Sign-On Bonus $1500
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDBaltimore
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
JOIN OUR TEAM! MENTOR Maryland’s Medically Fragile Treatment Foster Care Program at 5720 Executive Drive, Catonsville, MD, is seeking to fill a Clinical Coordinator/ Medical Social Worker opening. The Medically Fragile Treatment Foster Care program provides foster homes for children and teens with chronic health conditions, intellectual disabilities, and physical disabilities. Each two-parent foster home has a primary stay-at-home caregiver. The program has already served over 600 medically fragile children with a high success rate in facilitating reunification with birth family or adoption so children do not linger in the foster care system. You can be an integral part of our team who works to ensure the success of each child we serve!
Founded in 1990, MENTOR Maryland began as a single service provider, serving youth in our therapeutic foster care program. With the help of our dedicated employees, growing relationships with other local providers, and the support of The MENTOR Network, we have grown to a diversified agency serving hundreds of children and adolescents with varying needs throughout the state.
Due to state regulations, only candidates who are currently licensed at the LBSW, LGSW or LCSW-C level can be considered.
· Provides case management and treatment to a caseload of 8-10 children placed throughout central Maryland (up to 1 hour travel time from our Catonsville office). This is a road warrior position!
· Conducts weekly home visits, quarterly health and safety assessments and annual home recertification for foster homes. Monitors quality of care to child, provides support to foster parent
· Develops and monitors treatment plans for each youth on caseload
· Collaborates with health care providers, courts, and school systems
· Maintains client and foster parent records and ensures compliance with MENTOR and state regulations pertaining to treatment foster care
· Attends weekly Treatment Team Meetings with all program staff
· Forges professional relationship with Custodial Agency worker (DSS) and child’s attorney
· Assists with providing in-service educational sessions and support groups for foster parents and/or birth parents
· Receives weekly on-site supervision by LCSW-C
· Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Social Work (Master's preferred)
· Licensed Maryland Social Worker (LBSW, LGSW, LCSW-C)
· Valid driver’s license and reliable & insured transportation
Benefits of working with MENTOR Maryland as a Clinical Coordinator include:
Healthcare Benefit Package