Social Worker- Sign On Bonus $1500
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDLanham
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
We are currently seeking a Social Worker to become part of MENTOR Maryland’s Baltimore Children’s Services Program. For over 20 years we have served at-risk children and teenagers in a specialized foster care model.
Baltimore Children’s Services provides foster homes for children and teens who have experienced trauma and have a psychiatric diagnosis. We provide a fast-paced work environment focused on meeting the needs of vulnerable children.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Provide case management and treatment to a caseload of 8-10 children with a psychiatric diagnosis who are placed throughout central Maryland (up to 1 hour time from our Catonsville office)
- Assess referred clients and leads development of service plan in conjunction with treatment team and funding sources in accordance with corporate, contractual, and regulatory standards
- Create, coordinate and evaluate service plans through partnerships with stakeholders based on assessed client needs.
- Provide pre-service introduction and in-service continuing education to mentors as appropriate per regulatory requirements.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and consultation to mentors regarding work with clients and implementation of service plan. Maks mentor and family home visits and conduct mentor group meetings as required
- Maintain current and complete client and reporting records in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Assist with all legal, licensing, regulatory and certification activities as needed.
- Assist with emergency coverage and crisis intervention support for all clients as needed.
- Participate in rotational on-call system
- Participate in all activities designed to enhance and build an active network of mentors.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a human services field
- Licensed Social Worker (LBSW, LMSW, LCSW or LCSW-C)
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in 36 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.