DescriptionThe Social Worker , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Social Worker work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Social Worker employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Mountain or Pacific Time location
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, or Social Work
- At least 5 years of case management experience.
- Strong Behavioral Health background is necessary in this role.
- Engagement and Motivational Interviewing skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance for Humana systems is 10Mx1M
- Ability to provide a designated workspace; free from distractions with the ability to secure any protected information.
- Masters in Social Work a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours40