If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
For this role, you will be working as a ETL reporting developer within the Medicare and Retirement’s Star Business Intelligence team. You will be accountable for development efforts within the team, collaborating with cross functional teams on various reporting/data deliverables, and working on strategic initiatives within the organization as it relates to Medicare and Retirement’s success in Stars (HEDIS and Part D).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Develop a deep end-to-end understanding of data strategy, structure and overall use within the business.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and technical teams regarding enhancements, changes, issues and defects that may impact development, data, workflow and/or functionality
- Oversee day-to-day ETL processes – job monitoring, issue identification, documentation, analysis and resolution
- Respond to production issues in a timely manner for a number of critical deliverables related to daily and month-end reporting to UHG business and regulators
- Drive completion of projects and initiatives, follow through on execution of strategies and demonstrate ability to stay the course despite obstacles
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with standard operating policies and procedures
- Drive root cause analysis and long-term solution for critical and high impact data processing issues
- Application monitoring and performance tuning to meet SLA performance
- Provide forecasts (Work Estimates) and plan resource requirements
- Problem/Incident management involves working with cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams to solve unique/complex problems that have broader impact to the business
- Coordinate special ad-hoc processing to support business needs
- Provide defect resolution/workaround
- Responsible for release management which includes review of implementation plan, completion of operation readiness checklist, participation of release coordination meeting and code package deployment
- Code tuning, and management of development efficiency-related project activities
- Ensure high quality & best in class methodology processes are being used
- Establish clean database environment with proper relationship diagrams, data mapping, & indexing
- Design ETL (extract/transform and load) processes to populate database tables
- Key contributor in requirements definition of most complex business initiatives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams that include Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, Product Leads/Owners and Business Stakeholders
- 3+ years of SQL coding experience
- 3+ years of knowledge and use of the ETL tools - SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ years of SDLC experience - promoting SQL code and SSIS packages though Dev/Test/Stage/Prod environments
- 2+ years of Teradata coding experience
- 2+ years of experience with code automation/job scheduling (i.e.Tivoli)
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile project methodology
- 2+ years of experience working in a waterfall project methodology
- 2+ years SSRS coding experience
- 2+ years of experience with version control using Github and XL-Deploy
- 2+ years of experience healthcare technology background
- 2+ years of experience leading business data transformation programs / initiatives
- 2+ years of SAS coding experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a Big Data Environment(Hadoop/Hive)
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Reporting Developer, telecommute, work from home, wfh, remote, travel, telecommuter, telecommuting