DescriptionThe Software Engineer 2 codes software applications based on business requirements. The Software Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Software Engineer 2 standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis or application programming development
- Experience implementing Web Services: SOAP, REST, and WSDL.
- Experience developing message flow applications using MQ, Web Services, TCP/IP and file protocol.
- Knowledge of MQ concepts like load balancing, cluster and remote queue definition.
- Expertise in XML (XSD, XSLT).
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience implementing applications with high volume throughput.
- Experience with application performance tuning.
- Experience working on a distributed team (onshore and offshore).
- Knowledge of Business rule technology tools like Blaze and ODM.
- Master's Degree
- Development experience in IBM Integration Bus (IIB) 9 or higher versions.
- Ability to collect business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- DevOps implementation experience.
- Healthcare domain knowledge.
- Experience with Data Power.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a Scrum team.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40