DescriptionThe Software Engineer 2 codes software applications based on business requirements. The Software Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Humana is seeking a Software Engineer who will: design and implement technical operations—including installation, customization, documentation, debugging and performance tuning—on special projects, applying all applicable best-practices.
- Create documentation to support current applications on desktops and server platforms
- Provide second-level support for issues arising from the use of enterprise standard applications
- Support a project team by accessing reports, analyzing data and performing end-user programming
- Interact with various project teams to coordinate workflow setup and testing
- Act as a liaison with corporate IT areas as well as external vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of various print languages (AFP, PDF, PS, IPDS)
- Knowledge of Production Print Software (ex. PI Enterprise Manager, PI Output Manager, DFWorks)
- Knowledge of Composition Software (ex. Engage One, Dialogue)
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and database technologies
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Microsoft certification
- Familiarity with various programming languages (ex. SQL, .NET, C, C+, C#)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40