A Software Engineer on our ClaimsPro team helps provide technical innovation on a fast-paced team responsible for helping develop and maintain Safelite's new First Notice of Loss system, built with new, modern technologies, and hosted on AWS. You will play a critical role on our Agile team, proposing and implementing new application designs and architectures, and building and enhancing the full-stack web application with a heavy focus reliability, maintainability, and flexibility.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Completes complex application design and coding assignments that meet technical, performance, and business needs, while leading code reviews that drive better code quality.
- Work closely with product, design, and other technology teams to define feature specifications.
- Participate and help lead sprint planning and technical design sessions as well as assist in the creation and task management of stories.
- Actively seeks and develops partnership as a key member of a cross functional team.
- Help mentor other engineers
- 5+ years' experience designing, building, and maintaining complex web applications. A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some exposure to the following technologies and topics a plus: jQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap, LESS or SASS, AWS, SQL, MuleSoft, Sitefinity or other CMS, Mobile web development, Responsive Design, Web Analytics, Web Tag Management, Web performance optimization, Microservices, AWS, Serverless Development.
- Experience with full software development life-cycle, continuous integration, unit testing, and version control.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodology.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to keep abreast of new technological trends.
- Ability to adjust to fast-paced work environment.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.