There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions - solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Partner with Developers, System Analysts, Business Analysts, Delivery Owners, Product Owners, Business SME’s and Quality Engineers to develop a robust Systems Integration test plan in an DevOps agile development environment
- Responsible for developing test strategy, test scenarios, QA project plan, coordinating test data setup, environment readiness, test execution and issue resolution
- Responsible to System / Integration test REST API’s, User interface, Database, reporting, ETL / Batch application components
- Explore new software, tools and capabilities to automate System integration testing to supports continuous delivery / DevOps agenda
- Participate and provide input in system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Come up with innovative ideas / suggestions to resolve complex systems integration issues / defects
- Present results to the project teams, Business / IT leaders to help with Go - No Go decisions
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle, DevOps and continuous delivery process
- Meet or exceed all defined target test goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success
- 3+ years of Quality engineering testing experience in a web application environment Testing User Interfaces, backend database, Web services, API’s, Batch / ETL application components
- Experience with scripting / coding experience in any one of the below Java automation testing tools such as Spock, Groovy, Selenium, Gatling, Junit, Geb, Cucumber, C++, .Net or other similar tools which uses object oriented programs
- Exposure to incremental agile software development methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with healthcare EDI standards
- Experience testing in a Continuous Integration / Delivery / DevOps environment supporting weekly or daily production deployments
- Experience working with UNIX operating system and writing DB SQL scripts
- Health care experience
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.